Information for schools
NUA works closely with teachers and advisers to champion and nurture creativity both within the UK and internationally.
The Recruitment and Outreach team at NUA are happy to organise bespoke visits for school and college groups. You are also welcome to arrange a school visit during one of our open days. Feel free to get in touch to discuss possibilities – you can contact the team by emailing email@example.com or by calling 01603 610561.
Creative Workshops and Talks
NUA offers a diverse portfolio of creative sessions which can be tailored to meet your student’s requirements and can take place on our campus or yours.
An overview of the sessions on offer
- Creative careers – insight into the UK creative industry and courses available at HE level
- Portfolio preparation – explore how to prepare a portfolio and yourself for interview
- Personal statement workshop – a game concept that enables students to build strong personal statements and CVs
- Creative workshops – tailored practical sessions that explore hands on making and development, in all our subjects
- Managing exam stress – these creative workshops highlight strategies that help students manage their mental health. We deliver this in a hands-on and reflective approach either in your classroom or on campus at NUA.
- Guided campus tour – an insight into the university experience and studio working environment
- Masterclass with East GalleryNUA – practical workshops in response to touring exhibitions at East GalleryNUA
- Mock interviews – one-to-one sessions where applicants can practice for their interview and receive constructive feedback
- UX Lab experience – take advantage of our User Experience (UX) Lab with retina tracking technology to test websites, games and apps. Learn how to refine products following the user’s journey in real time and discover how science, psychology and design meet.
- Library research taster – spend time in our library discovering our print collections and thinking about how students might integrate these into their studies.
- Bespoke sessions – NUA can develop and customise workshops to fit your teaching schedule, groups and facilities.
Annual Teacher and Adviser Days
Every year NUA hosts two Teacher and Adviser Days which offers practical and informative CPD sessions for creative teachers, heads of departments, technicians and careers advisers. The events are free to attend and take place on campus at NUA.
The 2020 Teacher and Adviser Days will take place on Wednesday 17 June and Thursday 2 July. Booking for these events will open in early 2020, but for more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We also run sessions for teachers and advisers throughout the year, sign up to our newsletter by email@example.com to stay up-to-date. Or you can join our dedicated Facebook group, NUA Teachers Network.
ARCHIchild – architecture for children toolkit
The ARCHIchild toolkit, designed by a team of architecture students from NUA, has been developed through collaboration with the Norfolk Association of Architects (NAA) and funded by Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA).
Primarily a learning resource, it comprises a series of activities that can be delivered by teachers and educators. The toolkit will facilitate a project based learning approach and address specific curriculum areas from a range of key stages.
Download the resourcesARCHIchild - Toolkit Introduction (2mb)Activity 1 - Battle of towers (1.4mb)Activity 2 - City collage (1.2mb)Activity 3 - Stained glass windows (1.3mb)Activity 4 - Threshold labyrinth (1.1mb)Activity 5 - Recycled city (1.5mb)Activity 6 - Architectural elements (812kb)Activity 7 - Tree houses (1.1mb)Activity 8 - Making bridges (1.5mb)
Need help? Chat to our friendly recruitment team
Winners of Beyond the Frame 2019 announced
Discover the next generation of photographers and their stunning work.
Beyond the Frame photography competition 2019
The search for Britain’s best young photographic talent is under way.
Student triumphs again at Association of Photographers Awards
BA Photography student Jo Lauren wins at the Association of Photographers Awards 2018.
“I was a Rich Man’s Plaything” – the work Eduardo Paolozzi with artist and researcher John Atkin
Friday 6 December 2019
A free talk all about the Pioneer of Pop Art, Eduardo Paolozzi.
Paolozzi the printmaker: Gather, edit, republish
Friday 29 November 2019
Associate Professor & Course Leader for Fine Art Carl Rowe leads this free talk on Eduardo Paolozzi.
Art on the Underground with Eleanor Pinfield
Wednesday 27 November 2019
Join Head of Art on the Underground Eleanor Pinfield for a talk on the Eduardo Paolozzi mosaics.
Network of East Anglian Art Teachers (NEAAT): CPD meeting
Tuesday 26 November 2019
Join fellow art teachers from East Anglia for a day of creativity & workshops.
Undergraduate Open Day
Friday 10 January 2020
Explore our studios. Meet our staff and students. Find out how we are Teaching Excellence.