Information for schools and colleges
Bespoke sessions for schools and colleges
We are able to offer a wide range of bespoke and exclusive sessions for schools and colleges on request. Many of our activities can take place in your classroom, online or here at NUA. A number of Gatsby Benchmarks are embedded into every delivery.*
Our list of activities is constantly evolving and includes:
Introductions to Creative Higher Education
- Why Creative?: A presentation on the benefits of studying a creative subject including job prospects, creative courses and graduate case studies.
- Introduction to NUA: Looks at who we are and what we make! This touches on our community, facilities, industry connections and how we set up our students for the next stage in their career.
- Stand Out Portfolio Advice: Get hints and tips to show off your work at it’s best.
- Audition Advice: Discover strategies for delivering a great audition whilst also looking at NUA’s audition process for our new Acting course.
- Personal Statement Advice: Three innovative processes to help you draft a standout personal statement!
- Portfolio reviews: 15-20min 1-1s to support and encourage students with their applications (only open to those that have NUA as a UCAS choice)
We have a wide range of workshops available that cover all courses taught at NUA. These workshops include, critique workshops, photography, collage, sculpture, life drawing, documentary filmmaking, game design and much much more.
These workshops can often be delivered online or in person.
For more information just get in touch with us via email – firstname.lastname@example.org.
Want to find out more about NUA?
- Guided Campus Tours: A chance to see our facilities and find out about our creative community first hand. Book your place.
- Open Days: Book a place on an Online Open Day.
*Please let us know if you require details of specific benchmark targets for your group(s).
(Activities are designed with students from Year 8 – Foundation level in mind. They are typically 20-60 minutes and can be tailored to suit your needs.)
Workshop worksheets, videos and other useful resources
We have a wide range of worksheets, videos and resources available for you to download and use in the classroom or for CPD. These include worksheets from our Summer School workshops and Teacher, Technician and Adviser workshops from Summer 2020.
To find a full list of the resources available, just follow the link below.
Network of East Anglian Art Teachers
The Network of East Anglian Art Teachers (NEAAT) is a network of teachers of art from East Anglia working together, with support from NUA, to celebrate, support and promote art in schools.
NEAAT believe the arts are special in our region and that art teachers need to be part of an empowering and enriching network of fellow educators that can support and help develop an exciting provision for students.
You can find out more about the NEAAT group on their Facebook page via the link below;
Get in touch
If you are interested in any of the above or any activities that are not listed, please do get in touch with us at email@example.com.
Top 10 for
by the Times and Sunday Times 2022
Top Two UK
by The Complete University Guide 2023
for Student Retention -
The Times and Sunday Times 2020