Information for schools
NUA works closely with teachers and advisers to champion and nurture creativity both within the UK and internationally.
The Recruitment and Outreach team at NUA are happy to organise bespoke visits for school and college groups. You are also welcome to arrange a school visit during one of our open days. Feel free to get in touch to discuss possibilities – you can contact the team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 01603 610561.
Creative Workshops and Talks
NUA offers a diverse portfolio of creative sessions which can be tailored to meet your student’s requirements and can take place on our campus or yours.
An overview of the sessions on offer
- Creative careers – insight into the UK creative industry and courses available at HE level
- Portfolio preparation – explore how to prepare a portfolio and yourself for interview
- Personal statement workshop – a game concept that enables students to build strong personal statements and CVs
- Creative workshops – tailored practical sessions that explore hands on making and development, in all our subjects.
- Guided campus tour – an insight into the university experience and studio working environment
- Masterclass with East GalleryNUA – practical workshops in response to touring exhibitions at East GalleryNUA
- Mock interviews – one-to-one sessions where applicants can practice for their interview and receive constructive feedback
- UX Lab experience – take advantage of our User Experience (UX) Lab with retina tracking technology to test websites, games and apps. Learn how to refine products following the user’s journey in real time and discover how science, psychology and design meet.
- Bespoke sessions – NUA can develop and customise workshops to fit your teaching schedule, groups and facilities.
Annual Teacher and Adviser Days
Every year NUA hosts two Teacher and Adviser Days which offers practical and informative CPD sessions for creative teachers, heads of departments, technicians and careers advisers. The events are free to attend and take place on campus at NUA.
The 2019 Teacher and Adviser Days will take place on Thursday 27 June and Thursday 11 July. To register an interest in our events, please email the Recruitment and Outreach team on email@example.com.
We also run sessions for teachers and advisers throughout the year, sign up to our newsletter by firstname.lastname@example.org to stay up-to-date. Or you can join our dedicated Facebook group, NUA Teachers Network.
ARCHIchild – architecture for children toolkit
The ARCHIchild toolkit, designed by a team of architecture students from NUA, has been developed through collaboration with the Norfolk Association of Architects (NAA) and funded by Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA).
Primarily a learning resource, it comprises a series of activities that can be delivered by teachers and educators. The toolkit will facilitate a project based learning approach and address specific curriculum areas from a range of key stages.
Download the resourcesARCHIchild - Toolkit Introduction (2mb)Activity 1 - Battle of towers (1.4mb)Activity 2 - City collage (1.2mb)Activity 3 - Stained glass windows (1.3mb)Activity 4 - Threshold labyrinth (1.1mb)Activity 5 - Recycled city (1.5mb)Activity 6 - Architectural elements (812kb)Activity 7 - Tree houses (1.1mb)Activity 8 - Making bridges (1.5mb)
Need help? Chat to our friendly recruitment team
Student triumphs again at Association of Photographers Awards
BA Photography student Jo Lauren wins at the Association of Photographers Awards 2018.
Interior Design students visit award-winning London studio
Second year students visit award-winning design studio Afroditi Krassa.
Student’s CG work selected for London exhibition
Work by BA Photography student Eloise Shaw exhibiting in London.
Creative science Blackjack – taster session
Thursday 22 November
Creative science Blackjack led by our BSc course academics.
VFX Masterclass: a Sci-Fine city
Monday 12 November 2018
VFX guru David Simpson leads a free hands-on session exploring visual effects tools.
BA Fashion Communication and Promotion taster session
Wednesday 17 & Wednesday 31 October 2018
Explore branding, marketing, communication, print & digital design for the fashion industry.
NUA at Norwich Science Festival
Wednesday 24 October 2018
Create 3D models and environments using cutting edge equipment with our expert academics & students.
Access VFX East: Careers Hub Day
Friday 19 October
Explore all about the exciting visual effects profession led by VFX industry experts.