For courses starting in 2018/19, postgraduate students can apply for a government loan of up to £10,609 towards course fees or living costs.
Am I eligible for a Postgraduate loan for 2018 entry?
- Students must be starting a course from September 2018.
- Students must be studying for a full- or part-time taught or research Masters degree course.
- Students must not have previously studied a Masters degree or PhD.
- Students must be under the age of 60 at the start of the first academic year of their course.
- If you are from or have been living in Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland, other arrangements may apply – we recommend you read the relevant section of the Prospects website in order to determine which funding body to apply to.
- Many EU students will be eligible for the Postgraduate Loan. You can find out more information via the UK government website.
How will I receive the loan?
The loan will be paid directly to you in three annual instalments.
Can I get a loan if I already have an existing student loan?
If you have an existing undergraduate loan you can still apply for a postgraduate loan, but both will need to be repaid. They are treated as separate loans, so depending on your earnings you may have to repay both at the same time.
How do I repay my loan?
You will start to repay your loan when earning over £21,000, paying back 6% on earnings over £21,000. You will not start to repay your loan until April 2020 at the earliest, but you can make voluntary early repayments. The loan will be charged at an interest rate of RPI plus 3% and interest will start to accrue as soon as the loan is taken out. The loan will be written off after 30 years.
How do I apply for a Postgraduate loan?
Application and eligibility information is available at Student Finance England.
Further information on Postgraduate Loans is available at gov.uk.
BAFTA Scholarships for MA Moving Image and Sound applicants
Visit the website for more information about the scholarship for 2018.
The BAFTA Scholarship Programme assists talented students in need of financial support on postgraduate courses. Recipients receive up to £12,000 to cover their course fees, as well as benefiting from an industry mentor and free access to BAFTA events around the UK. MA Moving Image and Sound students studying at NUA are eligible for the scholarship.
MA Moving Image and Sound 2016 graduate Bradley Morgan Johnson was awarded £3,000 towards his postgraduate studies by BAFTA.
Need help? Chat to our friendly recruitment team
In review: MA Fashion Degree Show 2018 by Amy Ollett
Read a review of the MA Fashion Degree Show 2018 by MA Fashion alumni, Amy Ollett.
In review: MA Degree Show 2018 by Henry Driver
Read a review of the 2018 MA Degree Show by alumni Henry Driver.