Students win at prestigious Bradford textiles awards
NUA BA (Hons) Textile Design students have been rewarded at this year’s Bradford Textile Society Awards 2016 – 2017. Established in 1893, the Society’s annual Design Competition, with a total prize money of over £10,000, is unique in its breadth of coverage and attracts almost 1,000 entries from students throughout the UK. This year NUA students were successful in several categories, as follows:
- Rebecca Wilkinson (Year Two student) won 2nd prize for her submission (pictured) in the Prestigious Textiles award
- Leah Bolton (Year Two) and Mark Mann (MA Textile Design) were awarded Commendations in the Prestigious Textiles award
- Jenny Ross-Nevin and Lucy Perfect (both Year One students) were awarded Commendations in the Joseph.H. Clissold Award
- Shona Morris (Year Three) student was awarded a Commendation for The British Wool Marketing Board award
- Jessica Gower (Year Two) student was awarded a Commendation for the Clothworker’s foundation award
This competition, one of the oldest of its kind, is regarded by many as the most important event in the annual programme.