Third year BA Fashion student wins Boohoo’s national competition
Third year BA (Hons) Fashion student Rebecca Jordan has won Boohoo’s national Graduate Fashion Week competition with a striking “Lady in Red” design.
Rebecca’s vision for a women’s “going out outfit” will now be “designed, sold and seen globally,” according to Boohoo.
Rebecca’s success comes as students from four NUA courses have been shortlisted for awards at this year’s Graduate Fashion Week in London.
- BA Fashion student Bryan Wan saw his collection make the final 25 on the Graduate Fashion Week Gala Catwalk Show.
- BA Fashion student Harriet Bornemann is a finalist in the GFW FatFace Graphic T Shirt competition.
- BA Textile Design student Leah Bolton has been shortlisted for the David Band Textile Award.
- BA Photography students Kane Layland and Becky Dennis have been shortlisted for the Fashion Photography Award.
- BA Fashion Communication and Promotion student Chante Johnson has been shortlisted for Boohoo’s Social Media Award
- BA Fashion student Rhiannon Rogers has been shortlisted for Considered Design Award
- BA Fashion Communication and Promotion Liv Harrould is a finalist for the New Fashion Media Award
- BA Fashion Communication and Promotion Hannah Gilmore has been shortlisted for the Styling and Creative Direction Award.
Professor Hilary Carlisle, Dean of Design and Architecture, said: “It’s great to see students from four courses are already being recognised by Graduate Fashion Week as potential winners. Hopefully, this is just the start of our students’ successes this year. It really demonstrates how well-engaged our students and staff are with the current and future possibilities the fashion industry offers – and how amazing talented they are too!”
The winners will be announced during Graduate Fashion Week, which runs from 3 June to 6 June.