International scholarship winners 2017/18
We were pleased to support new international students with our 2017 scholarships. Congratulations to students from the US, Vietnam, Taiwan, Russia and Hong Kong.
Eight first year and MA students have been awarded international scholarships for 2017/18 entry. The scholarships have been awarded on the basis of academic merit and to students who demonstrated a standard of excellence at their interview with their current portfolio of work and their creative potential and enthusiasm for their chosen course of study.
All scholarships have been awarded against tuition fees which make a significant contribution to the cost for international students studying in the UK:
- Kyra Vergho (USA), BA (Hons) Games Art and Design: awarded USA scholarship of £1,500
- Valeriya Lakhtikova (Russia), BA (Hons) Games Art and Design: awarded international scholarship of £1,000
- Barbara Wei (Taiwan), BA (Hons) Graphic Design: awarded Vice-Chancellor’s international scholarship of £3,000
- Tin Tran Nguyen (Vietnam), MA Communication Design: awarded international scholarship of £1,000
- Jenny Hon (Hong Kong), BA (Hons) Animation: awarded international scholarship of £1,500
- Charlotte Chan (Hong Kong), BA (Hons) Illustration: awarded Hong Kong scholarship of £1,500
- Yasmin Gunton (Hong Kong), BA (Hons) Illustration: awarded international scholarship of £1,000
- Also not pictured: Briana Bonifacio (USA), BA (Hons) Animation: awarded USA scholarship of £1,500