Michelle is a Lecturer for Games Art and Design with a focus on Concept Art. Before joining us she worked as a freelance digital artist where some of her clients included Wizards of the Coast and indie games studio Finji.
With a love of Concept Art from a very young age, although I did not realise it at the time, my appreciation for the marrying of art and design with storytelling has always drawn me to these practices.
I studied Games Art and Design with a focus on Concept Art from 2010-2013 and have continued to stay involved since then, both informally and gaining experience as a concept artist professionally. I spent a year working as Lead Concept artist for Oak Moon Games in 2016 and moved on to freelance work from 2017 until joining NUA in 2022.
My previous experiences of teaching have been shared between guesting as a visiting lecturer with NUA and in my personal life where I would often live-stream my art with another artist on Twitch and we gave advice and basic lessons for those watching.
- 2021 — Artist for Wizards of the Coast Influencer Pack
- 2021 — Guest Artist for PandaGlobal
- 2020 — Artist on Finjis “I was a Teenage Exocolonist”
- 2019 — Concept Artist/Comic Artist for “Sagas of the Shield Maiden” comic
- 2017–22 — Various Commission work (Character Concept Art and Book Covers)
- 2016 — Concept Artist for Oak Moon Games “MoMo Ichigo”
Top 10 for
by the Times and Sunday Times 2022
Top Two UK
by The Complete University Guide 2023
for Student Retention -
The Times and Sunday Times 2020