Senior Lecturer, Animation and VFX
Jon is a director, digital animator and illustrator focusing on character lead narrative shorts in a range of genre. His work has developed in recent years to tackle more challenging social issues of our time from mental well being in Everything Is Going To Be OK to representation in The ALT Guide to Character Design. His work has toured the globe on the international film festival circuit including Annecy and Pictoplasma and awards at The British Animation Awards and Cannes.
My practice is as an animated filmmaker, predominantly with narrative forms with a comedic and satirical element. My work has incorporated collaborations with poets and sound artists, working closely with these artists to create fluid narrative forms where sound, voice and visual compliment one another. I continue to practice as an animator and director on commercial work, always looking to build with valuable experiences with technical expertise and varied collaborations. It is exciting to feed these fresh experiences and new skillsets back to the students.
View Jon’s work on his website.
Research and Practice
- 2020 Everything Is Going To Be OK screened at Interfilm Berlin, London International Animation Festival
- 2020, Everything Is Going To Be OK. Article StashMedia.TV
- 2020: It’s Not The End Of The World – Co-Writer, story Artist and Producer of
- 2018 Alt Guide To Character Design – screened at the Pictoplasma Conference and Festival of Contemporary Character Design and Art
- 2018 Article StashMedia.TV – Alt Guide To Character Design
- 2013: “Stick It To ‘Em: Messi” Showmetheanimation.com award winner.
- 2013: Obsolescence In Love’ showcased on Cartoonbrew
- 2010: ‘Crash Bang Wallow’, Cannes Short Film Corner Best film
- 2010: ‘Shadows & Dust’ Best Animation – Babelgum Film Festival 2010
- 2008: ‘The Technical Hitch’ – British Animation Award
- 2018: Creator of British Animation Awards Prize
- 2014: Co-ordinated Mustard Sting project with NUA students.
- 2014: Co-ordinated live brief with multi channel agency Baloon Dog for Autistica.
View more of Jon’s work on the NUA Repository.
- 2013: Co-ordinated Mustard Sting project with NUA students.
- 2014: Co-ordinated live brief with multi channel agency Baloon Dog for Mazda.