Jill is Course Leader for BA (Hons) Textile Design and Senior Lecturer on MA Textiles.
My research and practice crosses a number of areas. I am involved in the development and maintaining of an interactive contemporary textile resource of work for use within the teaching at NUA and the wider community. I am working on developing a breadth of access to the resource from students, teachers, and members of the local community most recently blind students in Norwich.
I exhibited alongside colleagues at the Repeat Exhibition at NUA in January 2012 showing laser cut decoration on ceramics. I am interested in exploring the use of new technologies in the embellishment of textiles and ceramics. I have had a number of articles published in Text Textile journal, on the HEA website and most recently by the Costume and Textile Association in their publication Miscellany (September 2013).
I am responsible for developing a network of employer contacts for BA Textiles students to support the year 2 placement experience and to initiate dialogue between employers and students to enhance student employability following graduation. I support students across the course in more than 50 placements a year. In addition I am coordinator for the organising and showing of student work annually at Premiere Vision Paris and New Designers London.
Jill Rodgers is a member of the Pattern and Chaos group of collaborative, interactive and networking designers, artists, theorists and innovators in education, all of whom are based at Norwich University of the Arts.
- June 2013: ‘NUA Technology’. Article for Costume and Textile Association Miscellany
- May 2013: Coordinated and developed project in collaboration with Costume and Textile Association and Year 2 Textiles students to produce and exhibit a collection of digitally printed scarves based on the City of Norwich culminating in a catwalk show in the Cathedral Hostry
- January 2012: Repeat Exhibition NUA gallery. Showed laser cut ceramics
- February 2011: Coordinated and organised BA Textiles and FDA Surface Design participation in Premiere Vision collaborating with Colchester Institute funded by British Fashion Council
- January 2011: ‘Embedding Sustainability within the Textile Curriculum’ article for the ADM-HEA Networks journal. The abstract of this was published in the journal and the full text on the website. Invited by ADM-HEA to contribute a discussion strand relating to the focus of the feature on their website
- July 2010: Presented the Resource at a NUA research seminar
- June 2010: Presentations on the resource at Carrow House Norwich to the Costume and Textile Association and to a teachers seminar in at NUA
- February 2010: Article on the Contemporary Textile Resource published in Selvedge magazine
- September 2009: Collaborate with colleagues in the development and promotion of the Contemporary Textile Resource. Responsible for the coordination, promotion and documentation of the resource