George is Lecturer for BA Games Art and Design and MA Games.
With a background in 3D asset creation for games and a personal interest in independent games development, I spend my research time maintaining engagement with current practices in a variety of games engines as well as experimenting with new technology. Personal projects, with regards to my practice, draw from an interest in mental health and games as therapy.
Research and Practice
- 2014 – Bargain Bytes – Produced by Rockspin Ltd. A game deals application for mobiles which I produced the graphic design and branding for.
- 2013 – Spymaster – A mobile game produced by PlayRaven. I was contracted to help with 3D assets for the game.
- 2013 – Forever Wild – A 3D Facebook game created in Unity, produced by Waracle Ltd for The European Nature Trust. TENT are a charity that commissioned this management game that deals with deforestation and wild life conservation in Romania.
- 2011 – MediEvil: Defence of the Damned – A prototype game produced for Sony on PSP and Playstation Move during my MProf: Games Development degree.
- 2014 – 2015 – Norwich University of the Arts – I have been involved in the development of an innovative new postgraduate MA Games course, which incorporates Paid Postgraduate Apprenticeships as part of the programme. Part of my role was to prepare a range of documents for the course proposal including new units, the student experience, employer partner agreements and processes as well as development reports for Creative Skillset. My roles and responsibilities within the development team are as follows:
- Steering group member
- Course document preparation
- HA Champion (funding initiative role from Creative Skillset)
- Liaising with Studios
- Attending events and conference to engage industry
- Creative Skillset meetings
- Validation events
- 2015 – NGSA Curriculum Development – I was contracted to design and write curriculum for new level 3 college courses in games, animation and VFX for the Next Gen Skills Academy.
- 2014, 2015 – Norwich Gaming Festival – As an ambassador for NUA and a keen supporter of increasing awareness and growth in the sector, I have helped organise and run the Norwich Gaming Festival from The Forum in the centre of the city. The event for the past couple of years has had footfall in the tens of thousands and continues to grow and develop.
- 2015 – 2016 – BAFTA Crew Games – I am currently a member of BAFTA’s game initiative which supports 100 up and coming young professionals in the UK games industry.