This section covers information relating to the way Norwich University of the Arts is governed and how decisions are made.
It includes information on the legal status of the institution, which individual member of staff or group within the organisation is responsible for specific functions and where they fit in the overall structure of the organisation.
In some instances information from committee minutes will be exempt from disclosure where it contains personal information, information that may damage the commercial interests of the institution or that may threaten the health and safety of specific individuals.
The University’s legal name is Norwich University of the Arts, which is sometimes abbreviated to NUA.
Correspondence Address for NUA
|Norwich University of the Arts
3-7 Redwell Street
Information relating to how NUA’s management structure is organised and the function and purpose of each part of the management structure.
- Instrument of Government (07/12/12) (29k)
- Articles of Government (07/12/12) (53k)
- Statement of Governing Body Primary Responsibilities (16/06/14) (51k)
The membership of the University’s Council is set out in the Instrument of Government. The Articles of Government set out how the governance of the University is conducted though its Council. The Council has delegated certain functions to the following sub-committees:
- Audit Committee
- Finance and Resources Committee
- Nominations Committee
- Remuneration and Personnel Committee
The academic management of the University is delegated to the University Senate
For information relating to how NUA was established and its standing from the point of view of the law visit Further And Higher Education Act 1992.
Information on NUA’s strategy and management of financial resources. Information that may damage the University’s commercial interests will be excluded from publication.
- Financial Regulations 2018 (08/03/18) (622k)
- Finance Strategy 2016-21 (312k)
- Financial Statements 2017-18 (2.5mb)
- Financial Statements 2016-17 (653k)
- Financial Statements 2015-16 (1.6Mb)
- Financial Statements 2014-15 (1.5Mb)
- Financial Statements 2013-14 (1.7Mb)
Trade union facility time
Information on NUA’s current Trustees, together with a list of all other charities (if any) of which each trustee is also a member:
How NUA is organised
Information relating to how the individual units of NUA are organised and where each unit fits in the overall structure of the institution.
NUA Strategic Plan
Access & Participation Plans
The University’s Access & Participation Plan (called the Access Agreement up to and including 2018-19) sets out our commitments to ensure fair access and student success for students from under-represented backgrounds, through outreach work, financial and other kinds of student support.
The Access & Participation Plan and Access Agreements from the past few years are included below. The agreement that applies to a particular student will be the one for the year in which s/he first entered NUA. For instance, students who entered NUA in 2017/18 should refer to the 2017/18 Access Agreement.
Equality and Diversity
Norwich University of the Arts is committed to valuing diversity and promoting equality. If you require documents in a different format please contact the Human Resources Department on 01603 756243 or email email@example.com.
- Gender Pay Gap Report 2017 (26/03/18) (233k)
- Equality and Diversity Annual Report 2017 to 2018 (11/12/18) (1.3mb)
- Equality and Diversity Annual Report 2016 to 2017 (27/02/18) (658k)
- Equality and Diversity Annual Report 2015 to 2016 (26/05/17) (601K)
- Equality and Diversity Policy Statement (09/01/15) 171k
- NUA Single Equality Scheme (09/01/15) (110k)
Freedom of Information Act Enquiries
Address: Information and Resources Office
Norwich University of the Arts
3-7 Redwell Street