Image credits


Registering with a Local Doctor

You are expected to register with a local doctor as soon as possible after your arrival in Norwich. There is no student health centre at the University but a list of NHS doctors and dentists is available by telephoning NHS 111.

When you have registered, you should give details of the doctor’s practice to Student Support or Registry for inclusion in the University’s records in case of emergency. You also need to complete the Medical/Disability information page when you enrol online.

It is good practice for all students to be fully immunised in accordance with the recommendations of the Department of Health. We suggest that all new students check their vaccination status before arrival at Norwich University of the Arts through their doctor’s surgery. Students should have up-to-date vaccinations against tetanus, polio, diphtheria, meningitis C, measles, mumps and rubella.

Accessing the Counselling Service

The Student Support Manager acts as Counselling Liaison Officer, supported by the Student Union and the serving Sabbatical President. The Counselling Service offers direct access to a range of professional counsellors through the Centre and referral to welfare, medical and other services and agencies. The service is free to students of NUA and is fully confidential.

The Norwich Centre

7 Earlham Road
Call +44 (0) 1603 613515

Opening hours

  • Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm
  • Tuesday evenings for enquiries until 9pm
  • Thursday evenings for enquiries until 8pm

Talk to us in confidence

The Student Support office is open Monday – Friday, 10am – 4pm for term time appointments and a drop-in service. During the summer the office takes telephone calls and email enquiries. Please contact us on:

Call +44 (0) 1603 610561 ext 6483/6482
email support@nua.ac.uk

All contact between Student Support and students is in confidence.